Dalcroze Certification Teacher Training (for Adults)
This continuing education class is for adults who seek the musical and pedagogical enrichment that Dalcroze Eurhythmics offers, and for teachers who would like to supplement their teaching with Dalcroze Eurhythmics techniques. The class may be taken as a full-year program (with optional Dalcroze certification) or on a drop-in basis.
WCMS is the first accredited Dalcroze Teacher-Training (T2) program to be approved by the Dalcroze Society of America (DSA). The Dalcroze Certificate is an internationally recognized qualification for Dalcroze Education and for teaching Dalcroze Eurhythmics courses to children and adult beginners according to the Dalcroze principles. Dalcroze Education has three core branches of study (Eurhythmics, Solfège and Improvisation) along with two applied branches of study (Plastique Animée and Pedagogy). We will offer Level 1 and Level 2 courses, both in the same time slot, during the academic year.
- Descriptions of the DSA-Accredited Certification Credentials, excerpted from the DSA Certificate T2 Manual
- Full version of the DSA Certificate T2 Manual, from the Dalcroze Society of America
Fall session begins: September 21, 2017
- Includes 13 weekly sessions
- Exams will be held at the end of the academic year for those students who are ready for evaluation (additional fees required)
Schedule of the year:
- The program will follow the academic calendar of WCMS for holidays and breaks
- Please see the lesson make-up policy for absences
Tuition per semester:
- $1,092 (13 classes, 3 hours each that cover the five branches of Dalcroze Education)
- Drop-in rate: $97.50 per class
Note: This is a two-semester class; students enroll in the fall and are automatically re-enrolled for spring. Students who wish to be evaluated for certification must complete the full year course.
Class Day & Time:
|Thursday||9:30 AM - 12:30 PM||
Eiko Ishizuka, Candidate for the Diplôme Supérieur, Institut Jaques-Dalcroze, Geneva
Adriana Ausch-Simmel, License