Blues Jam Sessions
The Fat Tuesday Blues Jam is made up of a growing community of serious hobbyist musicians and one simple concept: musical camaraderie. Our aim is to make jamming fun again by providing you with everything you need to just focus on playing:
- A state-of-the-art, professional performance spaceGear: guitar and bass amps, drums, a piano and a professional PA system (just bring your instrument*);
- A house band comprised of patient, supportive and experienced professional musicians;
- A regular schedule: jams are held monthly; and
- A supportive environment w/no attitudes or egos allowed - just great players, cool tunes, and a fun place to hang out.
Our house band is a group of professional musicians from the North Shore who regularly perform together. Check them out on YouTube performing "What Makes You Think I'd Want Your Man" and "Walkin' After Midnight."
Renee Dupuis – Piano and Vocals
Joe Cardoza – Bass and Vocals
Dennis Monagle – Drums
We're serious about building a community of like-minded players so you can get the most out of our jam sessions. Join our free Fat Tuesday MeetUp page to meet your fellow jammers, pick up practice tips, up-to-date scheduling notifications and more.
For: All levels of musicians (beginner to advanced)
When: Second Tuesday of each month, September-May (* except January 2017, which is the third Tuesday)
2016-2017 Blues Jam dates:
September 13, 2016
October 11, 2016
November 8, 2016
December 13, 2016
January 17, 2017
February 14, 2017
March 14, 2017
April 11, 2017
May 9, 2017
Time: 7 - 9 pm**
Where: Nichols Hall at WCMS. Get directions here.
Price: $10 for participants, free for general audience members
* Please do not bring your own amps or drums. We will politely decline, no exceptions.
** Jammers are encouraged to arrive at 6:45 and meet their fellow jammers.
Also check out the Stormy Monday Blues Ensemble!